There’s nothing like travelling in a country where you just don’t know the language. Native English speakers normally have it so easy. That’s because everyone else who is not a native English speaker wants to learn English and practice with you. But there are some situations when travelling when the world’s universal language isn’t going to help you out in a sticky situation!
With the advent of smartphones these days, you can plug something into Google Translate and it will spit out a translation that normally won’t resemble the Monty Python dodgy English-Hungarian dictionary sketch where a customer says ‘my hovercraft is full of eels, please fondle my buttocks’. This, and a few hand gestures might get you through!
However, what if your phone is flat or you don’t have access? That’s where you need this rather clever T-Shirt that should be part of your Travel Clothes arsenal – the phrase T-Shirt!
That’s right, just point your finger to whatever you need, for example – a phone, hospital, post box, somewhere to eat, the toilets, where the airport is, and point to how many of them you need!
I thought this was a pretty smart idea.
But I think I can make this shirt even more accurate and helpful – well, for some people anyway!
Best Travel Clothes – the ‘real’ phrase T-Shirt!
I’ve had a go at devising my own useful travel clothes, or specifically, my own phrasebook T-Shirt!
Here is what I think the reality is for many travellers! ;P
I’ve also provided a translation for each one!
The explanations run from the top, in a clockwise direction!
- Where do I go for beer?
- Where do I throw my guts up after I have drunk way too much beer?
- Where’s the best place to go for a slight stomach upset after eating something that’s a little dodgy?
- Where’s the best place for treatment if I’m throwing projectiles at both ends?
- Where’e the best place to pick up in this town?
- Where’s the best place to be treated for STI’s once I’ve picked up in this town?
- Do you have any weed?
- I’m a bad driver and I’ve lost my driver’s licence because you guys drive on the opposite side of the road to me!
There you go – do you have any great ideas that would make a great travel shirt?
Leave your comment below and I’m sure some clothing company might help you bring your crazy idea to life!